|3.8 Jaguar E-Type|
|Open Two Seater|
|Left Hand Drive|
8 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 26 November 2015.
Photos of 880400
Click slide for larger image. This car has 9 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (6)
Interior Photos (1)
Action Photos (1)
Detail Photos: Engine (1)
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2015-11-23 12:36:45 | Lofty writes:
RS Panels Low Drag for sale (19/11/2015) via Fantasy Junction (USA) :
"This particular example is a conversion to Low Drag Coupe format by the highly respected English firm RS Panels. Starting with a 1963 E-Type donor car, this example was built up with an all aluminum body and panels, and is probably the only low-drag E-Type currently racing with the correct Lucas mechanical fuel injection, which has proven to be superbly reliable. The 340 bhp engine, a true cast iron 3800cc capacity unit from the donor , has the wide angle head with dry sump lubrication, steel crank and Cosworth pistons. This car is correct in all respects including homologated weight at just over 1000 Kgs.
s/n 880400, also known as "9999 WK" has been prepared by Blakeney Motorsport and has recently had a major overhaul for the previous year's season when the engine was re-built, freshly rebuilt drive shafts fitted, new steering arms, new 350 lb rear springs and a new Simpson 105 DB dual silencer exhaust system were installed. Once Stateside, the car was race prepared and maintained in a no-expense spared fashion by Bert Skidmore's Intrepid Racing team in Sparks, Nevada, and has competed in Classic Sports Racing Group historic race meetings on a regular basis.
The current specification includes:
• Wide rear track as homologated.
• Close ratio straight cut gear Moss box with Welch gears.
• Special bell housing to allow gear box removal without engine extrication.
• AP twin plate clutch.
• BPA Engineering differential fitted with a Hewland LSD. 3.77:1
• Diff cooler with twin radiators.
• Magnesium peg drive wheels.
• Correct Dunlop brake calipers, BG Developments.
• Koni big body double adjustable shock absorbers.
• Up-rated torsion bars.
• FIA legal exhaust manifold
• Premier FIA safety fuel cell.
• Plumbed in FIA Fire system
• Lightweight alternator.
• ATI crank damper.
• Electronic ignition.
• Earls brake and fuel lines throughout.
• Crosthwaite Cams and valves/buckets.
• Total Seal rings.
• Threaded core plugs.
• Cometic head gasket.
• Twin Bosch high pressure pumps.
• Holley pick up pump with swirl pot.
• Front and rear tow eyes.
• External fire and ign pulls.
• Dash has all usual instruments and low oil pressure / high water temp warning lights.
This wonderful Jaguar E-Type Low Drag Coupe is eligible for CSRG, HSR, and road rally event across the US, and potentially many events in Europe as well. It would be an idea mount for the Daytona 24 Hour classic, where its aerodynamics and light weight will make it difficult to beat on the high banks and into the braking zones! For the faction of the price of an original Low Drag this is an exceptionally competitive and evocative vintage race or historic rally car."
2015-12-16 21:36:40 | pauls writes:
Direct URL for above offer:
1963 Jaguar E-Type 3.8 Low Drag by RS Panels
Exceptionally Competitive and Evocative Vintage Race Car. CSRG Log Book. Exceptional Value.
Exterior Color Silver
Interior Color Black
Mileage 12260 Miles TMU
Engine 3.8 Litre Inline 6-Cylinder no. NG 5677-8
Transmission 4-Speed Manual